- I wrapped up my second-to-last semester of college to kick off the summer! (YAY!)
- My mom celebrated her (age undisclosed) birthday on May 20th.
- Trey turned 26(yes, 26...that is 4 years away from being 30...YIKES!!!) on June 2nd.
- Perhaps the most important event of summer was on June 21st. Our baby boy, Jaxon Trey, turned a whopping 3-years-old (break my heart<3)!!!>
- One week after Jax turned 3, we took a family vacation (as we do every year) with my parents and my two little brothers to Hilton Head Island, SC. Jax loved it even more this year...he had SUCH a good time!
- Around that same time, Trey and I began house hunting for our very first house.
- For the next few weeks, house hunting consumed our lives.
- We looked at houses.
- We looked at more houses.
- And more houses.
- FINALLY! We found the one! We made and offer and they accepted! We were SO excited to get the ball rolling and start the process! =)
- On July 19th, my little brother, Ethan, turned 14-years-old! I cannot believe he will be a freshman in high school. I can remember the day he was born like it was yesterday...time really does fly (sigh).
- My stepdad, Sean, also celebrated a birthday on July 23rd.
- My other little brother, Evan, turned 13-years-old on August 4th. Again, I can remember when he was born...that makes me feel so old!
- Jax and I went swimming on the very few days that the Kentucky weather would allow. He is SUCH a little fish! I'm SO glad he enjoys the water.
- On Monday, August 10th, Trey and I closed on our house! WOO HOO!!! (the 2nd most exciting event of summer) I cannot wait to move...or better yet...paint my house! ha!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Summer in a nutshell
So...I started this blog a while ago when I was feeling sentimental about my baby growing like a weed and I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about it. While I love following others' blogs (kellyskornerblog.com), I just didn't feel that anyone would want to read about me and all that is going on in my life! However, I made the decision to continue blogging, not for anyone else, but or myself. =) I think I might have kept a diary when I was little, but never seriously. Anyway, there IS a lot going on in my life as of late and so I am going to blog about it. I feel that it will be neat to document these exciting changes in our lives as they unfold! Since it has been a while since my last post, I've decided to make a list to summarize summer 2009. Here it goes...